It's a pine cone Christmas!
Once the turkey is gone and the dishes are clean, I can't think of a more fun activity to do with family and friends than to re-use the pinecones from your Thanksgiving collection than to make these fun, festive pom-pom pine cones.
Here is how you make them:
You will need:
- A pine cone from your Thanksgiving Collection.
- Ribbon to hang the pine cones (if you are using for an ornament or to hang in a window)
- 1cm pom poms. I purchased these from Amazon.
- Hot glue
- Start by attaching the ribbon to the base of the pine cone with hot glue (if you are going to hang them).
- Next, use the hot glue to attach the pom poms to the edge of each pine cone leaf.
- Finally, when complete, choose a spot to hang them or display them. Some ideas include:
- Hang them on the Christmas tree or in a window
- Display them in the center of a table
- Put them in a clear bowl and put them in the middle of a coffee table
- Set them in a window sill.
I chose to hang mine in my kitchen window. See below :)
Each pine cone took about 20 minutes to make, but sure do brighten my kitchen window and are sure to make Christmas merry & bright. Check out my post on Instagram showing how I made these one evening with my kiddos.